Template is not saving correctly

Using them, Making them, Finding them
charlesc

Template is not saving correctly

Post by charlesc »

Hi - I downloaded a nice legal template and added some text. I "saved as type" Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP (doc.) I then e-mailed it to my yahoo account as an attachment. When I opened it, the text that I had typed was there, but the nice template design was gone. It was just a typical blank OOo Writer page with the text I had put into the template. I'd be grateful to anyone who can problem solve this for me. Thx.
OpenOffice3.4 on WindowsXP
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Template is not saving correctly

Post by floris v »

Your nice additions to the template were probably lost in the conversion to the Word format. Can you give any idea about what you added that didn't convert?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
charlesc

Post by charlesc »

Thanks for your time. I downloaded a business template from OOo. It had lines like a legal pad. Then I put some text onto the template and saved it. The lines didn't save at all. It was like the template was gone.
OpenOffice3.4 on WindowsXP
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Was it an ODF format?
Can you give an url?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Don't export Microsoft formats. Work with ODF. Send your finished documents to others as PDF.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice