[Solved] WinXP::Calc::Sheet name tab disappeared

Discuss the spreadsheet application
xerman

[Solved] WinXP::Calc::Sheet name tab disappeared

Post by xerman »

Hello there,

I'm an OOo user since a long time ago, and never needed to ask any OOo question. Basically, my OOo needs were fulfilled with my knowledge and the internet. But now, a friend who uses windows has some weird issue with Calc:

In a Calc File, just in this Calc File, (because the other Calc Files are ok) with several sheets, the Sheet Name Tabs are not shown at all, so she can not navigate the book. It is weird, as "Format -> Sheet -> Show" option is not selectable (greyed out).

Pages are selectable through "Edit -> Browser", and in there, with right click can be seen that visualization mode is ok.

I've searched the web, forums, and documentation, and found nothing related.

OOo version is 2.4 (Spanish)

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
Regards
Xermán
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
squenson
Volunteer

Re: WinXP::Calc::Sheet name tab disappeared

Post by squenson »

Please check if the "Sheet Tab" flag is selected:
Menu Tools > Options > OpenOffice.Org Calc > View and last but one checkbox on the right column.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
xerman

Post by xerman »

Thanks, but that did not solve the issue, as that checkbox is already ticked. In fact, "Tools -> Options -> Openoffice.org Calc -> View" is settled just as i have in my own computer. But in hers, still no sheet name tab visible.

I also have not find any info regarding this in Documentation/Troubleshooting.

Thanks for all the help provided.

regards,
Xermán
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Weird indeed. Try to rename the OOo user profile (\Documents and settings\<user>\Application data\OpenOffice.org2).
If no improvement, can you upload here a screenshot and the file itself?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
xerman

[Solved]Re: WinXP::Calc::Sheet name tab disappeared

Post by xerman »

Hello there again,

First of all, I want to thank you all for your help.
Second, I want to apologize.

Today the issue was solved. Was a silly issue once solved. The worst thing about this was that I was not able to see the screen, as this computer is located in another city, and I do not have access to it.

The solution was so easy as to move the Scroll Bar Block at the bottom to the right. My fault. I did not ask the user if the Scroll Bar was filling the whole window, and did not think of such an easy thing.

This reminds me those early days of computing, when the first question at phone technical support was "Is the computer plugged in?"

Again, Thanks to all, and my apologies.

Best regards
Xermán