Publishing

Not sure where to post? Post here!
ooofficer

Publishing

Post by ooofficer »

Dear All,

Currently I am looking for a publishing tool but I am not sure which is the product that include that special features I imagined;

I am looking for such a software that is able to create a flexible document or brochure with a Linked Content feature. That would be a customizable layout with Text and Picture fields that can be flexible in each modification. If I move Text field on layout, all Text fields would change on all pages applied. That would be a also a nice thing If I could join with my database with Text fields. Usually I use Draw or Writer for my brochures because it is very easy to use. Now I am looking for a solution whether OOo has these features however I have not come across.

Is this software exist :?:
Openoffice 4.0
RGB

Re: Publishing

Post by RGB »

Maybe Scribus?
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
acknak

Post by acknak »

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. Can you be a little more specific?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
ooofficer

Post by ooofficer »

Openoffice 4.0
acknak

Post by acknak »

I've never tried to do a catalog with OOo, but as far as I know, it should be possible. You can certainly take data from a database to create a document, including images. However, OOo is not at all optimized for this; it will take some--maybe a lot--of fiddling.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23