Ichitaro 13

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Vivid_08

Ichitaro 13

Post by Vivid_08 »

I am new to OpenOffice and rather like the new Aqua interface. However, I am unable to open Ichitaro files made from version 13. OpenOffice enables me to open MS Word files quite nicely but here in Japan in educational circles, Ichitaro is still used widely. What can I do to open up these files? Who can I ask to make this possible?

Thank you for your time.
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Ichitaro 13

Post by jrkrideau »

Vivid_08 wrote:I am new to OpenOffice and rather like the new Aqua interface. However, I am unable to open Ichitaro files made from version 13. OpenOffice enables me to open MS Word files quite nicely but here in Japan in educational circles, Ichitaro is still used widely. What can I do to open up these files? Who can I ask to make this possible?

Thank you for your time.
Hi Vivid_O8

If I understand the question correctly you have files created with the wordprocessor Ichitaro version 1.3 ? Unfortunately I know nothing about it nor can I read Japanese.

The section on File Formats in http://documentation.openoffice.org/man ... gement.pdf suggests that OOo can open Ichitaro 8/9/10/11 (.jtd and .jtt) but I don't know how this corresponds to verion 1.3.

You should be able to use
Open > Type of Files > Ichitaro 8/9/10/11 (.jtd and .jtt)
to open the Ichitaro 8/9/10/11 (.jtd and .jtt) file.

Good luck
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04