[Solved] Windows 8: operation requires elevation

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Mosquito633

[Solved] Windows 8: operation requires elevation

Post by Mosquito633 »

I'm having trouble opening documents on my new laptop, which is Windows 8, OpenOffice version4.3.1.

I always get the message The requested operation requires elevation. All the permissions are ticked under the security tab on Properties, but when I run compatibility troubleshoot on the Compatibility tab, the result is that the program is incompatible. Also, on compatibility mode there is no option for Windows 8, only for 7, Vista, XP and 95.

Can you offer any advice as to what might be the issue and what I should do in this case?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice version3.4.1 Windows 8
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Windows 8

Post by Bill »

Mosquito633 wrote:I'm having trouble opening documents on my new laptop, which is Windows 8, OpenOffice version4.3.1.
Is this Apache OpenOffice downloaded from http://www.openoffice.org/download/ ?
Mosquito633 wrote:I always get the message The requested operation requires elevation.
Does the message also appear when just opening AOO, or is it only when opening a document?
Mosquito633 wrote:All the permissions are ticked under the security tab on Properties, but when I run compatibility troubleshoot on the Compatibility tab, the result is that the program is incompatible.
Did you check the permissions on the document files or only the program files? Document files don't have a Compatibility tab. Was there a message stating that AOO was incompatible, or is that your conclusion?
Mosquito633 wrote:Also, on compatibility mode there is no option for Windows 8, only for 7, Vista, XP and 95.
That's what you should see. No compatibility mode is needed for Windows 8 since you're already using Windows 8.
Mosquito633 wrote:Can you offer any advice as to what might be the issue and what I should do in this case?
Have you moved the document files to your Documents library in Windows 8 or are they on an external drive?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
peterroots
Volunteer

Re: Windows 8

Post by peterroots »

I would also ask, are you trying to open files directly or by using file open, from inside AOO? What happens when you try the other way if you have not already tried both ways?
LibreOffice 4.0.3 OpenSUSE 12.3 : OpenOffice 4 Linux Mint 15
Mosquito633

Re: Windows 8: operation requires elevation

Post by Mosquito633 »

Thanks for your advice. The documents are on an external drive, I tried to open them through OO and that has worked.
OpenOffice version3.4.1 Windows 8
kelsutton

Re: [Solved] Windows 8: operation requires elevation

Post by kelsutton »

I am having trouble downloading files from Scribd to OpenOffice. Always get the request requires elevation. Is this a properties issue?
Windows 8 and Open Office 3.4.1