[Solved] Counting Types of Formatted Cells

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Milligan

[Solved] Counting Types of Formatted Cells

Post by Milligan »

Hello,
hope this makes sence...
I've got OOo version 2.1 and I'm running it on Windos

I've got obsessed with tyring to do the following and am currently insisting to all of my household that it's possible, although we can't work out how....

I've defines some format styles for cells given them names (for example GB is a cell with a green backgound, RB is with Red BB is blue)

now I've essentialy used this to colour in some of the cells, and wonder if there is a formula that will tell me how many cells have been assigned with a certain style, GB for sake of argument.

I can't work out what formuals to use or if infact i can actually do this. HELP PLEASE, before my husband leaves me!
Last edited by Milligan on Mon May 19, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Counting Types of Formatted Cells

Post by Hagar Delest »

See if the macro linked in that thread helps: Does Calc Have a Data Verification/List Option?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Counting Types of Formatted Cells

Post by Villeroy »

All calculations are based on cell values rather than formatting. Furthermore you can apply formatting based on cell values. What you can *not* do: Run calculations based on formats.
Having a list of numbers, you can apply a conditional format which applies a cell-style "Red" for all values >100. You get the count of all red cells by means of =COUNTIF(range;">100").
Or synchronized by a cell value:
Having a list of numbers, you can apply a conditional format which applies a cell-style "Red" for all values greater than the value in cell $A$1. You get the count of all red cells by means of =COUNTIF(range;">"&"$A$1).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Milligan

Re: [Solved] Counting Types of Formatted Cells

Post by Milligan »

cheers both... have never used macros, will have to work it all out.