[Solved] Accessing macro code for dialog GUI

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
PairOdachs

[Solved] Accessing macro code for dialog GUI

Post by PairOdachs »

I'm sure this is really, really easy, but I'm not seeing how to do it :( ...

Once I create a dialog in the Dialog Editor (http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documen ... log_Editor), how can I access the underlying code? For example, I can set a field's "Max. text length" value through the Dialog Editor, or I could set it in macro code via .Max (http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documen ... Text_Field), so theoretically I should be able to access the macro code set via the Dialog Editor.
 Edit: The solution is that the functionality doesn't exist. :cry: 
Last edited by PairOdachs on Fri May 03, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Re: Accessing macro code for dialog GUI

Post by B Marcelly »

Hi,
PairOdachs wrote:Once I create a dialog in the Dialog Editor, how can I access the underlying code?
You can't. The settings of the dialog editor are stored in a *.xdl file, example Dialog1.xdl. This xml file is read and interpreted by the routine CreateUnoDialog.
Bernard

OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 / Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 / LibreOffice 5.0.5
MS-Windows 7 Home SP1
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You can try opening it with a plain text editor; if it opens, manipulation will require detailed knowledge of XML.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
PairOdachs

Post by PairOdachs »

Well that's depressing. :cry I had figured out how to access the xdl, but didn't want to have to manually convert the XML to Basic, and it seems like such a simple and useful development feature that assumed it must be there. :(
OOo 3.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
jza

Re: [Solved] Accessing macro code for dialog GUI

Post by jza »

You could make the XML gui like, in a similar fashion that Eclipse do with the XML manipulations.

Basically you pass from XML to a table where users can assign or choose different values. Example, width, height, position on the screen, etc.
That said, AOO already do this on the control dialog. So you will basically be cloning the functionality.
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux