OpenOffice on Windows 8 Tablets

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices

OpenOffice on Windows 8 Tablets

Post by 11.08.11 »

So,I am going to buy a new Windows 8 laptop or tablet,but I have to know if OpenOffice will download from the internet to the tablet before I buy it. Please help.Thank you :)
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 8
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice on Windows 8 Tablets

Post by Hagar Delest »

See: OpenOffice for tablets.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed topic link after I merged topics incorrectly
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
njefferson

Post by njefferson »

I have used open office and I have a similar question that I want to add. I have a Lumia 620 and was wondering if Open Office would work on that. I just do not like the way Office is.
Open Office 3.4 On Windows 7
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

njefferson wrote:I have used open office and I have a similar question that I want to add. I have a Lumia 620 and was wondering if Open Office would work on that. I just do not like the way Office is.
See http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... =5&t=61951
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
downeaster59

Post by downeaster59 »

The post "Open Office For Tablets" does not address this issue. The tablets in that post do not run Windows. I have successfully installed OpenOffice on my Microsoft Surface Pro that runs Windows 8. If your tablet runs a full version of Windows 8, you should be able to install OpenOffice. You can't install it on Windows RT, though. If you do use OpenOffice on an Windows 8 tablet, note that this program was not designed with touchscreens in mind. You will do best with a mouse and physical keyboard.
Mark Nolette, Open Office 3.4.1, Windows 8