Default Fonts

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
goranlonnqvist

Default Fonts

Post by goranlonnqvist »

Which fonts are included in OpenOffice 3.4.1.? Is there a list somewhere? I'm working on a document that's going to be downloaded and edited by other people and only want to use fonts they have on their computers.
OpenOffice 3.4.1. on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Default Fonts

Post by RoryOF »

In my installation there is a nest of fonts at
/opt /openOffice.org /basis3.4 /share /fonts /truetype
which are installed to my system (Ubuntu 12.04). I cannot remember having specificly installed these, but they are. Among these are Arimo and Cousine; if these are available on your system then presumably the other fonts of that nest will also be available.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
goranlonnqvist

Post by goranlonnqvist »

I'm a Windows user, so all my fonts end up in C:\Windows\Fonts. However, you gave me the idea to browse for fonts in the install zip-file, and I found the following fonts:

Arimo with variations.
DejaVu with variations.
Gentrium Basic (GenBas) with variations.
Gentrium Book Basic (GenBkBas) with variations.
Open Symbol (opens_).

Unfortunately not may at all. Guess I have to find another way to get my Calc-file look the same on all user-computers.

Thanks anyway.
OpenOffice 3.4.1. on Windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The fonts differ between Linux installs and Windows installs. In Windows they are in openofficeorg1.cab
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

The way I look at it, I have to choose what's most important, the content or the formatting.

If I'm sending out a working document, like a spreadsheet or a text document, then the content is most important--besides, it's not possible to have control over all aspects of the formatting anyway.

If I'm sending out something meant to be read or viewed, and the formatting is more important, then I send a pdf, where the format is fixed and self-contained and will look the same everywhere.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23