Auto Rename of Templates in AOO 3.4.1

Using them, Making them, Finding them
RichardGoodrich

Post by RichardGoodrich »

I saw some posts on this subject, but no real answers. I have installed OOo 3.41 on a MacBook Pro running OSX-Lion.
I evidently created some templates in the default OO location instead of creating my won folder. I have been having lots of problems. I created a template called richard.ott and then somehow - maybe when I edit it or update it, I get a richard1.ott and later richard2.ott. I also have a bunch of other tempates in there. I cannot delete them to save my life. What is the deal?

Thanks.
OpenOffice.org version 3.41 installed on Mac Book Pro with OSX-Lion
RichardGoodrich

Post by RichardGoodrich »

OK,

Coming back to OpenOffice after long time away. Installed OO0 3.41 on MacBook Pro with OSX-Lion.
Finally deleted some old templates. However, I noticed my template name getting renamed with a number after it.
My template was orginally Richard.ott. Now it is Richard1.ott. It only shows the number evidently when Edit is invoked and NOT in the Organization View. Would someone tell me what the deal with that is? Thanks!
OpenOffice.org version 3.41 installed on Mac Book Pro with OSX-Lion
Hagar Delest

Re: Auto Rename of Templates in AOO 3.4.1

Post by Hagar Delest »

You could try to copy and paste the template in another folder, then delete the templates completely in the Organize dialog. Then close AOO and quickstarter completely, restart it (you must see the splash screen) and import your template.

Else, make a copy of your templates and reset your OpenOffice user profile and import your template.

NB: merged your topics. Please don't multi-post.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10