Templates/Docs aren't saving styles

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Lionrhod

Templates/Docs aren't saving styles

Post by Lionrhod »

I'm a little new to templates, so if I'm a little confused about how they work or are supposed to work, please let me know.

I'm starting to format for a series of ebooks. A week or two ago I created a template and set up all the styles, saved it and then put it into a new document and started formatting away.

Today I went to open the document and noticed that several of my styles were missing. (They'd worked fine when I first did it, but then I had to remove some of the text and re-paste.) I looked and the template was no longer applied to the document.

Then I opened the template, thinking that I'd just figure out how to reapply it (which I can't figure out at ALL -- how DO I do that?) and noticed that those styles were missing from the template as well.

I did reinstall OO/repair a couple times because of the problem with 3.4.1 crashing over and over. (Neither the profile or shutting off automatic updates seem to have helped yet. It still crashes several times whenever I first start up.

However I don't think reinstalling would have changed the template or the docs themselves.

What on earth am I doing wrong? I don't want to have to keep doing this over and over.

Thanks much!
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Templates/Docs aren't saving styles

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice should not be crashing. A recent fix has been published which may work. It is given in
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... 75#p265875
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS