[Solved] Compiling DocumentLoader example in LO 4.0.0

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
SNM90

[Solved] Compiling DocumentLoader example in LO 4.0.0

Post by SNM90 »

Hi,

I'm using LibreOffice 4.0.0 SDK on Windows 7 using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 as the C++ compiler environment. When trying out the SDK example of DocumentLoader, I'm having a lot of compiler errors including missing header files in some of the paths (eg. RuntimeException.hpp is one let's say). These files are not included in the SDK, and to back trace these and download from the net all these files is very inconvenient. So can someone please share their .rar file of this example which is running in a similar environment? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by SNM90 on Sat May 11, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
(Libreoffice 4.0.0 on Windows 7)
Charlie Young
Volunteer

Re: Compiling DocumentLoader example in LibreOffice 4.0.0

Post by Charlie Young »

Well, I'm using AOO on Windows, so I hope this is close enough.

Have you done this? (substitute whatever the analogs are for LibreOffice):

Code: Select all

cppumaker -Gc -BUCR -O"C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\sdk\includecpp" "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\URE\misc\types.rdb" "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\basis\program\offapi.rdb"
That creates all the needed header files in one swoop. You need to manually create the indicated includecpp folder before running this, then add said folder to the Include Directories of your project.

If that solves the header file problem, you may run into some other roadblocks. Let us know.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows XP
SNM90

Re: Compiling DocumentLoader example in LibreOffice 4.0.0

Post by SNM90 »

Hi Charlie,

As a matter of fact, I hadn't run this command before. Actually I'm totally new to all of this and the industry. Can you also tell me what exactly this command does exactly? Also, I need to learn how to use the Libreoffice APIs. What is the simplest way to go about it? As in, an example that would would one most basic API, and I only write the .cpp.

The problem with the headers has been resolved. I'll see if I face any more problems. Will get back to you surely if needed.

Thanks a ton!
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
(Libreoffice 4.0.0 on Windows 7)