[Solved] Re-reading previously read posts

Let us know how we are doing -
Mitchell Pearce

[Solved] Re-reading previously read posts

Post by Mitchell Pearce »

How to read posts previously read? When I go to the posts index, I can click on read unread posts, new posts, but I want to re-read a post I've previously read. How to make settings so I can search posts I've already read?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Mitchell Pearce Open Office 3.4.1 on Windows 7
acknak

Re: Re-reading previusly read posts

Post by acknak »

[Moved to "Site Feedback" is there a better place?]

There's no specific way to find posts that you've read. You have to remember some key word, or post author, from the thread in order to do a search.

In other forums, I've seen users make a "bookmark" post: no particular comment, just "bookmark" or ".", in order to have the thread appear in the "view your posts" list. I don't encourage that as it clutters the forum with empty posts, but it's the only way I know of to mark a thread to come back to later.

Of course you can always copy/paste/save a link to a thread in some local file.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Re: Re-reading previously read posts

Post by Hagar Delest »

At the bottom of each topic, there is Bookmark topic option (in the light blue banner).
You can access your bookmarked topics through your user control panel (light blue banner at top of the pages).

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Re-reading previously read posts

Post by acknak »

Hagar Delest wrote:At the bottom of each topic, there is Bookmark topic option (in the light blue banner) ...
*facepalm* :oops:
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23