[Solved] Managed posts

Let us know how we are doing -
jza

[Solved] Managed posts

Post by jza »

A users recently came to me asking about the grace period for new users to be able to post on the forum. I am sure this would be on some Forum getting started guide, but I couldnt find it at first glance. Anyone can help me out understand the current situation with new users and their posts?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
RoryOF

Re: Managed posts

Post by RoryOF »

There is no period where a new User's account expires without a post. His first post, whenever made (immediately after joining or after some considerable lapse of time) is queued for approval by a moderator; this is normally done within a few hours, when a moderator comes online; remember that moderators are in different time zones, so there can be periods when no moderator is online.

If a post is doubtful or a moderator is pressed for time or harassed by real life, he may leave such a doubtful post for another moderator to deal with, but in normal circumstances a first post is dealt with promptly. Further posts from that User are not queued for moderation, being posted immediately. It can happen that a User does not realise that first posts are queued and posts a second copy, which also lodges in the queue. It is my practise to silently disapprove such duplicate (or effective duplicate) posts, so that the discussion does not fragment.

I hope that answers your question.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jza

Post by jza »

Is there a period of 'moderated posts', or a way to graduate into posting without need of moderation?
Any URL info on this?
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
acknak

Post by acknak »

Once a newly registered user has one post approved, he/she gets assigned to the regular users group and no longer needs any approval before posts go public.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
jza

Post by jza »

ah good to know.
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux