Custom keyboard shortcuts don't work

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
djpython

Custom keyboard shortcuts don't work

Post by djpython »

Hi Guys,
I am having... the same problem. If I check Tools/Customize/Keyboard/OpenOffice.org macros/user/Standard/Module1/simpletypingQ/^T, well.. the "^T" is there in the Keys column. (^T is control-T isnt it?). When I go back to the SS I created this from- or a new SS- or a new Text Document and type "^T" or "^<shift>T" all I get in the cell is a "t". (When I edit the forementioned simpletypingQ macro, the text I wanted appears just as I expected it to be- along with paragraphs of gobbledygook which temporarily blind me.)

Please help me get started in automating and programming spreadsheets or tell me its often like this. I mean 5 out of the first six things I have tried did not work after a few tries and reads. Let me know today where I went wrong.
Thanks
djpython
Open Office 3.4.1 on MacOS 10.8
djpython

Re: Custom keyboard shortcuts don't work

Post by djpython »

I will now go look for a "custom macro bindings allowed" switch to see if its off.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Seems to be a bug/glitch. While the Mac menu displays "^T" which means to use the "ctrl" modifier key, it seems to be bound to the keypress with the "option" (Alt) modifier. See if pressing Alt+T or Fn+Alt+T works.

Not sure how to bind to the ctrl key. For all I know, OS-X may have reserved the ctrl keypresses.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
djpython

Post by djpython »

Thank You Hagar Detest

Hello keme and mac friends,

Your post spurred me on to investigate and I found what seems a high percentage of inconsistency in the behavior of keyboard shortcuts in 3.4.1 Calc on a Mac 10.8.2.

I will attempt to upload an attachment (my first- a Calc SS) with my latest set of trials.

The spreadsheet shows that I looked into your suggestion; that some things didn't work when they shouldn't have; that way too many things didn't work when they should have; and finally that the one thing that really worked perhaps shouldn't have.

Please tell me if I should expect similar results when making further shortcuts? Is there a technical or procedural error you know that I may be missing?

May I thank anyone who cares to delve in in advance.

(No Anguish-No Sangwich)
Attachments
rightarrowforOOoforum.ods
Attempted shortcuts and conditions under which they were run.
(12.26 KiB) Downloaded 146 times