[Solved] Search for a specific member's posts

Let us know how we are doing -
djpython

[Solved] Search for a specific member's posts

Post by djpython »

I can search for members. I can search for posts. But can I search for a specific member's posts?

(I read the faq and survival guide and I searched this subforum with "member + post*".)

I need to locate a specific post but apparently I cant remember any of the text verbatim or something so I am looking for alternative ways to get back to it. I seem to remember that Villeroy had an entry in the thread. Now, can I look through his posts and replies so maybe I can find the one I need? (By the way I am desperate to find the hack for the keyboard shortcut (4 strokes?) to put a certain timestamp in the cell. I have been looking back all afternoon.)

Some peoples replies would probably make good reading anyway... like yours! :D

djpython
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 3.4.1 on MacOS 10.8
Hagar Delest

Re: Search for a specific member's posts.

Post by Hagar Delest »

Use the advance search (link top right of all pages, just below the search box). Combine your keywords and the author.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
djpython

Post by djpython »

Thanks Hagar. That is useful.

Now, in trying this on my own member name, the only posts of mine that came up were those in which I had specifically typed my member name in the text of the post.
The posts I made without using my name in the text exist, but did not appear.

It is like I now have the ability to find posts in which a member is mentioned. What I am really looking for are those posts (and replies) made by that member -perhaps without those in which he is referred to.

For example: Can I read the helpful remarks you have made to any member, say in the last 24 hours?

TX+
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Use the Advanced search http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php feature in the top right corner of the forum page.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
djpython

Post by djpython »

Thank You, Thomas Ive been there, but let me look another time now you attest. dj
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can hardly miss it:
Search.png
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
djpython

Post by djpython »

worked great! i must need to tweak my speed reading globes. djp

ooooh. i like the "at least one new post has been added feature" yes, HAGAR, you got me. on first speed read i just took that text there to refer generally to searches- imissed the word author. tried and it worked great.

Thank Alot djp