[Solved] Acer Aspire One Japanese Language

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
matteometto

[Solved] Acer Aspire One Japanese Language

Post by matteometto »

Hi everyone, I just bought the ACER Aspire One A110L with 1024RAM, Linux, and OpenOffice 2.3. I can find all sorts of Chinese Languages pre-installed but Japanese. What do I have to do for installing Japanese?
I have to say that I have no internet access with the Aspire one. I use the internet on a different computer.
Thanks a lot for helping me out.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 2.3.X on PCLinuxOS
bobban
Volunteer

Re: Acer Aspire One Japanese Language

Post by bobban »

I have Open Office v3.0 installed, so I don't whether or not there is any difference in regards to Japanese fonts (I also tested on v2.4 and was just as easy).
  • Tools->Options->Locale Setting->Japanese
  • Default Language for documents->Asian->Japanese
  • Make sure you have Japanese input enabled for your OS and it should just work.
Jpaanese Language OOo.png
The floating bar at the bottom of this pic is the Windows language bar.
OOo 3.1.1 on Ms Windows XP
matteometto

Re: Acer Aspire One Japanese Language

Post by matteometto »

Thank you for your quick response. And sorry for my late reaction.
After having found out that the pre-installed Linpus Linux would never be able to write in Japanese I installed Ubuntu 8.10 aka Intrepid Ibex. On the net I found a very helpful step by step guide on how to install the Japanese Language and Fonts by ruykent which I followed successfully. For my E-Mail program Thunderbird I installed a very useful add-on called Moji in order to enable it to translate highlighted Kanjis from e.g. a homepage or a mail.
OOo 2.3.X on PCLinuxOS
tonyj

Re: [Solved] Acer Aspire One Japanese Language

Post by tonyj »

I installed operating system on Japanese Language but now i want to change its language, i can change it?
Acer aspire 5736z
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Acer Aspire One Japanese Language

Post by RoryOF »

Download the language pack for the desired language and correct for your version of OpenOffice. Language packs are version specific.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS