[Solved] Windows 8 compatible with Apache OpenOffice?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
lrg

[Solved] Windows 8 compatible with Apache OpenOffice?

Post by lrg »

My daughter has a new laptop with windows 8. If we try to install Open Office on it will it work?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: Windows 8

Post by FJCC »

Yes, OpenOffice works with Windows 8. I haven't heard of any particular problems with the install.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
jyerushalmi

Post by jyerushalmi »

Hi. I tried downloading Open Office thru Firefox on Windows 8 and it would not download. Then I used Explorer and it did download.. However, when I try to install the program, it does not install.. It goes thru 3 steps and that's it; I don't see any of the applications anywhere. I did a search on the entire hard drive for openoffice, and I just find the downloaded setup program... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 8
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Download using the link to the Apache OpenOffice download page below. If you download from an independent ad-supported site, you may get only adware and no program. That's what happened to me when I tried it on the Windows 8 Release Preview. Check your browser add-ons for new ones you may not want.
jyerushalmi

Re: Windows 8 compatible with Apache OpenOffice?

Post by jyerushalmi »

Thanks very much. It worked. Now I have to get rid of the new add-ons, and I don't know how...
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 8
RoryOF

Re: Windows 8 compatible with Apache OpenOffice?

Post by RoryOF »

Use Adaware and/or Malware Bytes to remove such intrusive add-ons. It is also advisable to do an indepth Virus scan.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS