[Solved] OpenOffice won't open on Ubuntu 12.10

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
dchester

[Solved] OpenOffice won't open on Ubuntu 12.10

Post by dchester »

I've removed libreoffice in ubuntu and installed openoffice using the repository and now it refuses to open. The error I get when I load it in the terminal looks like:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: 84: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/program/pagein: not found /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: 1: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx: not found /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: 120: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: not found
So whats gone wrong?
Last edited by dchester on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Mac OS X
Hagar Delest

Re: Openoffice won't open on ubuntu 12.10

Post by Hagar Delest »

HI and welcome to the forum!

Better install with the packages from the official web site: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: OpenOffice won't open on Ubuntu 12.10

Post by RoryOF »

I agree with Hagar: download from www.openoffice.org/download and install using the tutorial he references. I have found that any installation difficulties on Ubuntu (up to 12.04, 12.10 untested) are easiest solved by using Synaptic to remove libreoffice-core before installoing according to the tutorial.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS