Drop Down Boxes: MS Word to OpenOffice Writer

Discuss the word processor
johnyieversoft

Drop Down Boxes: MS Word to OpenOffice Writer

Post by johnyieversoft »

Hi, I'm using MS Word to create Drop Down Boxes that have up to 3 or more items to select. I then upload the MS Word to eSalesTrack (irrelevant) and then open the document with OpenOffice Writer.

ISSUE: I'm having trouble enabling those Drop Down Boxes in OpenOffice Writer. I see that they are "Input List" items, but when I click them it only allows me to edit them and not select a dropdown option in the document.

Any and all of your help is much appreciated. It is crucial that I get this up and running as my company is going to be using this feature in all of our documents.

Thank you:)
OpenOffice 3.4.0
keme
Volunteer

Re: Drop Down Boxes: MS Word to OpenOffice Writer

Post by keme »

Solution depends to some degree on who is the target audience for your documents.

Can you use Microsoft's Word viewer? It's freely downloadable from Microsoft so should be an easy task to test that approach.
Pitfall: Only available for Windows OS, so it limits the availability for Mac/Linux users.

Recent versions of MS Office can also save as ODF. Does that help? Otherwise, you may need to create your documents using Writer in the first place.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
johnyieversoft

Re: Drop Down Boxes: MS Word to OpenOffice Writer

Post by johnyieversoft »

Hi keme!

Thanks for the reply! It gave me a few ideas to try and I'll definitely try saving it in ODF format. I'll post my finds soon!
OpenOffice 3.4.0