Trouble running LibreLogo extension

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
ConMan

Trouble running LibreLogo extension

Post by ConMan »

I'm running LibreOffice 3.6.3.2 on my MacBook, and I installed the LibreLogo extension because I can think of no better use for a word processing program than to have a little turtle run around and draw pretty pictures in it*. Sadly, any time I click on one of the Logo buttons, I get a pop-up with the following error:

Code: Select all

"A Scripting Framework error occured while running the Python script vnd.sun.star.script:librelogo-0.1.oxt|LibreLogo|
LibreLogo.py$stop?
language=Python&location=user:uno_packages.

/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/share/extensions/script-
provider-for-python/pythonscript.py:342 in function
getStorageUrlFromPersistentUrl() [package =
self.mapPackageName2Path[ packageName ]]

/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/share/extensions/script-
provider-for-python/pythonscript.py:895 in function getScript()
[self.provCtx.uriHelper.getStorageURI(scriptURI) );]"
I get the message with both versions 0.1 and 0.2 of LibreLogo, and I'm running Script provider for Python 3.3.1 which is apparently the most up-to-date version of it. Any ideas on how I can get that turtle drawing?

* Despite the sarcasm, this is not actually that far from the truth of why I installed it.
Last edited by RoryOF on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.
Running LibreOffice 3.6.3.2 on a MacBook with OS X 10.7.5
nemeth2

Re: Trouble running LibreLogo extension

Post by nemeth2 »

Please, check the name of the installed oxt file. Unfortunately, the script extensions, like this one, work only with unmodified package names, eg. librelogo-0.1.oxt or librelogo-0.2.oxt. After the installation, you have to restart OpenOffice.org (also its Quickstarter, if it exists on Mac). By the way, I tested LibreLogo with OpenOffice.org 3.3 only on Linux and Windows, but I have got report about successful installation on Mac OS X, too.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows XP / LibreOffice 3.3.4 ??? 4.0 (a fork of OpenOffice.org) on Ubuntu 12.04
nemeth2

Post by nemeth2 »

Sorry, I have focused only on the quoted error message. LibreLogo works with LibreOffice, too, moreover the upcoming alpha release of LibreOffice 4.0 will contain LibreLogo, so it will be free from installation problems.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows XP / LibreOffice 3.3.4 ??? 4.0 (a fork of OpenOffice.org) on Ubuntu 12.04
ConMan

Post by ConMan »

I definitely didn't change the extension name from when I downloaded it, and I did restart LO after installing the extension. I also tried it woth OpenOffice, and got the same error message. However, thank you for letting me know that it will be included in the LO 4.0 alpha - when that it released I will give it a try. In the meantime, any other suggestions would be appreciated.
ConMan

Post by ConMan »

So, I downloaded and installed LO 4.0 last night, and gave it another shot. This time, clicking on the buttons worked perfectly - the turtle appeared, moved, drew its lines, and cleared the screen as required. However, attempting to run a program either from within the document via the "play" button, or through the command line, did absolutely nothing - the turtle just stayed where it was, but no error messages popped up. Also, the "translate" button did generate an error message, which I can't see right now as it's on my home computer and I'm at work. I am happy to have progress, but obviously I want to be able to do all the nifty things that are only possible from a written program. Any ideas?