Mailing list says "Delivery has failed"

Not sure where to post? Post here!
new OO user

Mailing list says "Delivery has failed"

Post by new OO user »

I cannot subscribe to the list to receive notice about new releases and other important news from the project. I get a "Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed" return email. What can I do? Thank you.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited topic's subject
OpenOffice.org 3.4.1 with MacOS 10.6.8
Hagar Delest

Re: Mailing list

Post by Hagar Delest »

Haven't tried to subscribe to that list. You check it with the web interface, see http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/mailing-lists.

Have you sent a mail to the new address (not the one with 'incubator')?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

"Delivery has failed message" suggests one of two things (at least): either a typo in the delivery address, or the incoming mail is being refused by your ISP mail server as spam.

As a workaround, I suggest you monitor the Announcements thread on the Forum
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... .php?f=107
where important project and release announcements are posted.

Edit: To give a time-scale, I would not expect the next major release of AOO before year end or even early Q1 2013. This is not an official announcement, just what I feel to be a reasonable expectation.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
new OO user

Mailing list

Post by new OO user »

Thanks, but I am confused. I sent an e-mail to "announce-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org" and received this response:

SUBJECT: confirm subscribe to announce@openoffice.apache.org
Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the announce@openoffice.apache.org mailing list.
To confirm that you would like "your email address" added to the announce mailing list, please send a short reply to this address:
announce-sc.1353305740.dhlckfmkcanejjlfoiep-your email address@openoffice.apache.org
Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into the "To:" field of a new message.
This confirmation serves two purposes. First, it verifies that I am able to get mail through to you. Second, it protects you in case someone forges a subscription request in your name.
etc., etc., etc.,…

If I follow the directions and try both methods above, then why do I have a problem getting my response delivered?
OpenOffice.org 3.4.1 with MacOS 10.6.8
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

From similar accounts, including my own experiences, there seem to be problems with the mailing lists at times. You could keep trying.

The email you have received (IIRC) gives you the list owner's address and you could send an email to that address. If you are willing for one of your email addresses to be made public you could file a bug report.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux