[Solved] Error : 1305, 1311

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
wwli7p

[Solved] Error : 1305, 1311

Post by wwli7p »

I am having problems with Open office. I had a perfect install and it started to have crash problems. I down loaded the new install file and tried doing a repair but kept getting error 1311 no access to a file, check permission. Since I had permission I could not figure what was wrong. So I uninstalled openoffice and and then tried to reinstall it and now I get error

"Error 1305 Error reading from file openofficeorg341.msi. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it"

This was the same with the repair. So something has gotten control of my computer, was crashing the open office and would not let me repair to and upon removal will not let me reinstall it.

I did find some person who told several people to go look at 'another' link to fix the problem. That link does not work. If someone knows how to fix this problem then please by all means tell me in the message what is wrong. Don't know why they send people to a dead end link when that information could just be copied into the reply.
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 7
wwli7p

Re: Error : 1305, 1311

Post by wwli7p »

The default location for my install directory was my desktop, all I had to do was make the intall directory on the C:\ location and that solved the problem I was talking about. It however did nothing to help out the constant crashing OO does which made me uninstall and reinstall the program.

So original problem still there, crashing. I think OO installer should not default to the desktop if it is going to cause issues installing.
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

The installer does not default to the desktop, however the installation files are unpacked there. See http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/se ... s=crashing for help with crashing.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bill
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Error : 1305, 1311

Post by Bill »

wwli7p wrote:The default location for my install directory was my desktop, all I had to do was make the intall directory on the C:\ location and that solved the problem I was talking about. It however did nothing to help out the constant crashing OO does which made me uninstall and reinstall the program.

So original problem still there, crashing. I think OO installer should not default to the desktop if it is going to cause issues installing.
Installation files are temporary files which install the program files and registry keys. Installation files default to the Desktop. Program files default to C:\Program Files. I've never had any issues with the installation files on the Desktop.
wwli7p

Post by wwli7p »

thomasjk wrote:The installer does not default to the desktop, however the installation files are unpacked there. See http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/se ... s=crashing for help with crashing.

I looked at those messages. I did turn off the auto update feature, I also played with the memory setting why that is there is now beyond me, did you want to turn my PC into a mac?. My problem is that the program does not update. I cannot reinstall it or update it or anything else. I still think there is some problem with the Registry and that is the problem. This software worked fine for over 6 weeks before OO acted this way.

I need a way for my computer to run the update.
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

You don't need to use the update feature to update the software. Download a fresh copy from http://www.openoffice.org/download/ and right click on the install file and select "Run As Administer". If you feel the need to clean the registry use CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds. I recommend the slim version.
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
wwli7p

Post by wwli7p »

This give me errors about files not existing when they do. I have to make an install directory in C:\ for this to install. I have done this and will see if the crashing goes away.
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Do you currently any version of OOo installed now? What do you mean you have to make an install directory in C:\? The default install location is C:\Program Files. You don't need to do anything to create an install directory. Did you run CCleaner?
Tom K.
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
wwli7p

Post by wwli7p »

thomasjk wrote:Do you currently any version of OOo installed now? What do you mean you have to make an install directory in C:\? The default install location is C:\Program Files. You don't need to do anything to create an install directory. Did you run CCleaner?

What I mean is that I have to literally install from the C:\ directory. If I install from the default desktop install directory I get error messages that files that are in the directory are not there. If I force the install directory to be in the c:\ path then it will do the install. Otherwise I just get error messages or even worse, it just crashes. It crashed every time I tried to change any setting. Right now it has held but if it starts crashing again it is some problem that is not being addressed. If OO wants to have an update feature the least it could do is work.
OpenOffice 3.1 Windows 7