PDF conversion in CentOS

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
maheshGS

PDF conversion in CentOS

Post by maheshGS »

Can anyone pls give quick response,
I tried using open office 3.3 on centos to convert .xslx to pdf, but there were some issues relating to page layout. Landscape is converted to portraite in linux but in windows no issues.
When i check in my desktop having win 7 & open office 3.3 there are no issues.
Last edited by maheshGS on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
openoffice 3.3 and linux CentOS 5.5
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: PDF conversion in CentOS

Post by Robert Tucker »

Is your question server related or just about the PDF export from the standard OpenOffice GUI? In the latter case I think you should start a new thread and upload an example document, if necessary one with just "dummy" data.
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
maheshGS

Re: PDF conversion in CentOS

Post by maheshGS »

Sir, :(
I am struggling to overcome from this issue we have uploaded our application on linux centos 5.5 and using openoffice 3.1 but i am developing and testing this application in my system windows 7 with openoffice 3.3. Clients are facing page layout problem and number bulletin problems, Our application is converting files like .xls, .xlsx, .docx, and .ppt to .pdf , but in my System i am not facing any page layout or any other issues. the main issues are if we see the page preview of these files .xlsx, .xls files in Microsoft office it shows landscape page same files if tried to see in openoffice 3.1 it ll show portrait. please help me to solve this problem.(i need which version openoffice is best to resolve these problems in centOS 5.5).
Attachments
3. Chart- Incorporation Process.xlsx
try to export to pdf as like the same format
(12.38 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
openoffice 3.3 and linux CentOS 5.5