Can't Print Documents in Writer

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
tonybrown

Can't Print Documents in Writer

Post by tonybrown »

Hello - I am a newbie to LibreOffice and this is my first question. If this question should have been posted elswhere - sorry! I have just had ubuntu 12.04 installed and LibreOffice 3.5.4.2 is installed. Everything seems to work fine, except my Canon i560 printer. It's connected by a USB cable, is listed as the default printer, and does print a test page perfectly. However, it won't print any documents in Writer at all. It just throws out a blank page everytime. The printer will print a PDF document and will also print our a Calc document. It just won't print out Writer documents. I have checked all the normal settings in options and properties, and they all seem to be correct. I think the problem must be in the config of LibreOffice writer somewhere, but I have checked all the normal settings. Can anyone offer any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.
openoffice 3.5.4.2 on ubuntu 12.04
peterroots
Volunteer

Re: Can't Print Documents in Writer

Post by peterroots »

http://en.libreofficeforum.org/node/4628 you (well I assume it is you) mention that you can't print from Calc either. Have you changed anything to get Calc to print?
Does your writer file contain just text, text and images or just images?
LibreOffice 4.0.3 OpenSUSE 12.3 : OpenOffice 4 Linux Mint 15