[SOLVED] Error loading BASIC of document file when

Discuss the word processor
AveMaria02

[SOLVED] Error loading BASIC of document file when

Post by AveMaria02 »

Hello everyone. I keep getting this error when I open Writer. I will upload a screenshot of the error that I made so you can see exactly what it says. When I am opening Writer this error pops up. I then click on it twice and Writer opens normally. I haven't noticed any problems when using Writer but I haven't used Writer since I started getting this error, I only opened Writer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Open Office. I was not able to do this using my standard account on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit. I got some sort of error but I did not catch what it said and I forgot to make a screen shot of it as well because I honestly thought the problem would be solved when I uninstalled and reinstalled it. If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Attachments
Open Office Error First.jpg
Last edited by RoryOF on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added green tick (RoryOF)
Apache Open Office 3.4.1
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
Hagar Delest

Re: Error loading BASIC of document file when opening Writer

Post by Hagar Delest »

See for example: [Solved] script.xlb and dialog.xlb general error.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
AveMaria02

Re: Error loading BASIC of document file when opening Writer

Post by AveMaria02 »

Hagar Delest wrote:See for example: [Solved] script.xlb and dialog.xlb general error.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
Thanks Hagar Delest. I appreciate the help. I managed to get it fixed on my own. I had to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the program which involved deleting the Open Office thing in the user section of my hard drive under roaming. Anyway, sorry if I wasted anyone's time or forum space. I was honestly perplexed as to how to fix it until I realized that not all files are always deleted when you uninstall a program and that is when I researched how to do a clean uninstall and reinstall and did it. That is what finally fixed my problem. Thanks again!
Apache Open Office 3.4.1
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium