Problem installing OpenOffice.org-3 (FreeBSD)

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
orionus

Problem installing OpenOffice.org-3 (FreeBSD)

Post by orionus »

Hi,
I need help on installing openoffice.org-3
after:

Code: Select all

cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3 ; make LOCALIZED_LANG=fr install package
it stopped at:

Building module drawinglayer
=============

Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/inc
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/inc
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine/transitions
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/processor3d
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine/slide
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/geometry
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine/activities
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/processor2d
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine/shapes
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/attribute
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine/animationnodes
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/primitive3d
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/texture
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/util
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/primitive2d
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/slideshow/source/engine/OGLTrans
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/source/animation
slideshow deliver
Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/drawinglayer/util
drawinglayer deliver
1 module(s): 
	connectivity
need(s) to be rebuilt
Reason(s):
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3/work/OOO330_m20/connectivity/source/parse
Attention: if you fix the errors in above module(s) you may prolongue your the build issuing command:
	build --from connectivity
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3.
Do I have to rebuild connectivity? and how to do it ? Is there another solution?
Thank you for your help and direction to solve my problem
Regards
:)
OpenOffice.org-3 with FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386
RoryOF

Re: problem installing openoffice.org-3

Post by RoryOF »

Why not download and install a prebuilt version from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
orionus

Post by orionus »

RoryOF wrote:Why not download and install a prebuilt version from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
Thanks for the quick reply RoryOF.
I will try to do it now
Is it possible to do it with the FreeBSD 9 ?
Thanks
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I had not noticed until just before your latest posting that you were using BSD. There is a BSD port of Apache OpenOffice at
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/freebsd/

As far as I remember (and I may be wrong) this is a parallel port of AOO which for some minor legal reason may not be adopted fully by Apache, but to whom Apache extend hosting. Detailed information should be on the above page.
orionus

Post by orionus »

Thanks RoryOF,
In fact I followed the instructions from that link. After a while of installation and building modules it stopped at connectivity but I don't know how to build connectivity. As it shown on the first post, it said that :

Attention: if you fix the errors in above module(s) you may prolongue your the build issuing command:

build --from connectivity

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3.

should I try to build it?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I'd subscribe to and post a query on ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org, or alternately, if there is a link on the above BSD page, post your query to that. If there is a problem creating AOO the BSD porters will wish to know.
orionus

Post by orionus »

Ok thanks RoryOF.
I am going to subscribe and post a query. I will be back if it is solved.
Regards
tolyan77

Re: Problem installing OpenOffice.org-3 (FreeBSD)

Post by tolyan77 »

Hello
I need help on installing openoffice.org-3

cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/
make

=============
Building module udkapi
=============

Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/udkapi/com/sun/star/uno

: &&     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/350/unxfbsdi.pro/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}} /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/350/unxfbsdi.pro/bin/idlc -verbose @/tmp/mkpQPiIV
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/350/unxfbsdi.pro/bin/idlc: compiling 16 source files ...
Compiling: Exception.idl
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/350/unxfbsdi.pro/bin/idlc: could not create registry file 'file:///usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/udkapi/unxfbsdi.pro/ucr/com/sun/star/uno/Exception._idlc_'
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/350/unxfbsdi.pro/bin/idlc: detected 1 errors/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/350/unxfbsdi.pro/bin/idlc Version 1.1

dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../../unxfbsdi.pro/ucr/cssuno.db'

1 module(s):
        udkapi
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/work/ooo/main/udkapi/com/sun/star/uno

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:

build --from udkapi

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel.

Is there another solution?
Thank you for your help and direction to solve my problem
OpenOffice 3 on FreeBSD 8.3