[Solved] AutoFilter missing new data in Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
koolio

[Solved] AutoFilter missing new data in Calc

Post by koolio »

Hi, i have a peculiar problem - i have a spreadsheet with roughly 100 rows and when i apply the filter on any of the columns and select a value for filter, it selects that value but also other rows in seemingly random fashion as well. Any idea what i'm doing wrong ? Thanks !
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
huw
Volunteer

Re: Filter functionality in Calc 2.3

Post by huw »

I've seen this come up before, either here or on another forum, but I can't find the post, or remember if it was solved.

Are you using AutoFilter or Standard Filter? Have you filtered other spreadsheets without this problem occuring? Are you able to attach the spreadsheet here - i.e. is it non-confidential?
selopez

Post by selopez »

I experienced this using the AutoFilter.
This happens to me when I retrieve a data table previously saved with the AutoFilter mode "on" and then I add data to the table from the last row on.
I've solved this turning the autofilter off and then on again, before filtering the table containing the recently added rows.
S.Lopez
koolio

Post by koolio »

Hmm, i should have thought of that one ;) I copied the contents into a brand new spreadsheet and voila, it works. :oops: Thanks a ton !
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

For information, there is a bug report, you should subscribe and vote for it (up to 2 votes per issue) : Issue 59229 - Autofilter does not recognize added entries. You can also post a comment. It had even been closed as invalid :roll:

NB: I tag you thread as [Issue], it should drag some attention. Perhaps the vote count will increase faster (I just added my 2 votes to make ... 3 !).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10