[Solved] Announcement for feature request for OpenOffice 4.0

Let us know how we are doing -
jza

[Solved] Announcement for feature request for OpenOffice 4.0

Post by jza »

Hi I create an issue to generate a disccusion about having the Google Moderator feedback for OpenOffice 4.0 on a sticky forum topic.

Should there be inter-application posts as well (read comment).

Not sure if this has already been discussed-descided.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
Hagar Delest

Re: Announcement for feature request for OpenOffice 4.0

Post by Hagar Delest »

Well, I'm not sure an issue on bugzilla is really necessary for that.

There is already a topic about that: Brainstorming for future versions of Apache OpenOffice. But the Google Moderator doesn't look very professional. Not sure it's worth a link for each forum sub-section.

For the record, I've added a comment to one of the most interesting questions (IMHO): Improve interoperability with writing Microsoft Office 2007-2013 files (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX) some weeks ago and... nothing, no discussion, no reply.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It is my understanding that the Google Moderator page will be closed within a day or two so that analysis can be made of the suggestions and some of these progressed for AOO 4.0.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jza

Post by jza »

Hagar Delest wrote:Well, I'm not sure an issue on bugzilla is really necessary for that.
Well the bug was labeled as task and also was done before thinking on this forum.
There is already a topic about that: Brainstorming for future versions of Apache OpenOffice. But the Google Moderator doesn't look very professional. Not sure it's worth a link for each forum sub-section.
Yet is posted on every single http://www.openoffice.org page you go to (AFAIK), I guessed the goal more than the look & feel, but to get regular users who might not be on the ML to be aware of this activity we are running. Forum users could be more aware if we had relevant links to the context of the topic.
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
RGB

Post by RGB »

IMO, the UX forum and the already existing announcement (and the official blog announcement, and the huge banner on the project website...) are more than enough for everyone curious enough and interested on participating. In fact, almost one thousand people participated, proposing more than seven hundred ideas and casting more than eleven thousand votes, all this in a very short period of time. I don't think that spamming all the forums is needed or even a good idea...

As Rory said, the moderator site will close on a couple of days and then we'll start to discuss what can be done with the huge amount of data gathered. Then, for sure we'll come back here to the UX forum to seek feedback.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice