[Solved] Italian Forum unreachable: SQL error

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
paolopoz

[Solved] Italian Forum unreachable: SQL error

Post by paolopoz »

I am the administrator for the italian forum. I always managed the forum only in the frontend, as for the backend I relied on TerryE, who set-up all things back when we started. I did not follow all the changes made after ASF get the management, so I am asking here for help, given that I don't know who is in charge for this kind of issues.

Since today (at least) trying to access the italian forum returns this error message:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './it/phpbb_it_sessions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Can someone please help me or tell me who I need to get in touch?
Thank you.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
AOO 3.4.1 on Kubuntu
FJCC

Re: Italian Forum unreachable: SQL error

Post by FJCC »

I just sent an email to Imacat, the new administrator. She is in Taiwan, so it is ~20:00 there.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

It's a one liner to repair the table -- if its repairable, but you need interactive access to the Forum server which I no longer have or want.

This used to be done nightly by the backup/maintenance script. Unfortunately finishing migrating this was still on my todo list when I gave up the admin role after one flaming too many by the Apache guys. AFAIK, this work has never been done. Sorry
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
imacat
Site Admin

Post by imacat »

I suppose it is back now. Please check if it works fine.

The SQL table phpbb_it_session is corrupted. I zeroize the table (TRUNCATE) and it seems to work.
paolopoz

Post by paolopoz »

It worked! Thanks!

Just to know... What is that table for? Could some kind of data be lost?
Is it possible to schedule some kind of table repair like TerryE said?
Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I am not an expert.
AOO 3.4.1 on Kubuntu
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

I offered to go through what needs to be done to finish the migration of the batch script with Imacat. The offer is still open :-)

As to the session table, yes truncating it is fine. The worst consequence is that users will need to log on again to establish persistent sessions.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.