[Issue] Fullscreen stretches doc across 2 monitors in 3.4.0

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Eoghan

[Issue] Fullscreen stretches doc across 2 monitors in 3.4.0

Post by Eoghan »

[EDIT: For anyone else with the same problem, downgrading just to 3.3.0 seems to fix the problem.]

I just upgraded to 3.4.0 and ran into this bug that totally breaks fullscreen mode's functionality. Ctrl-shift-j now stretches the fullscreen window across both monitors rather than just whichever monitor the document's window is in.

Is any quick and easy fix known?

Thanks!

PS: Why IS ctrl-shift-j the shortcut, btw? I'm used to it now but now I'm reminded of it I'm just curious.

PPS: How can I totally delete the fullscreen toolbar? I deleted the useless button IN it (I'm hardly gonna forget how to escape from fullscreen by pressing esc), but now the empty box just floats around getting in the way, even if just psychologically.

Actually, it seems the upgrade has given the same aggravating problem to the "find" toolbar too. It doesn't disappear with fullscreen, and I can't delete it at all in ANY mode. [Edit: scratch that: The "find" bar at least deletes if I detach it and use the X icon to close it; Just the "delete" option under customize toolbar > toolbars is grayed out in the dropdown menu.]
Last edited by Eoghan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3.3.0 on Vista and Windows 7 (and occasional ubuntu). 3.4.0 has ISSUES for me... but 3.3.0 is just fine =]
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Two monitors, fullscreen now stretches document across b

Post by kingfisher »

If you can't get a solution here I suggest filing an issue (bug) report. If it was working correctly with your previous version, it could be a regression unless you have also updated your operating system. I suppose patches to the OS may also be relevant. It is most likely something which (a) developer/s need/s to look at. There is a forum tutorial about filing issues.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

Fedora had/has "Dual Head Display Settings" with Spanning Desktops or Individual Desktops option:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fed ... g-dualhead

Maybe your OS has something similar.
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It might be worth verifying that the operating system (is it Vista, Windows 7 or Ubuntu?) is set to use separate desktops, rather than to extend the desktop aross all monitors or to mirror the desktop to all monitors. Sometimes these system settings can mysteriously change, particularly during installation of software.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Eoghan

Post by Eoghan »

RoryOF wrote:It might be worth verifying that the operating system (is it Vista, Windows 7 or Ubuntu?) is set to use separate desktops, rather than to extend the desktop aross al monitors or to mirror the desktop to all monitors. Sometimes these system settings can mysteriously change, particularly during installation of software.
It's vista.

And installing an OO upgrade affecting windows' monitor settings in a way that has no visible effect in any program but OO doesn't seem like a likely explanation anyway... but I'm looking at two separate firefox windows right now, fullscreened in their respective monitors, so, no, that's not the problem.
3.3.0 on Vista and Windows 7 (and occasional ubuntu). 3.4.0 has ISSUES for me... but 3.3.0 is just fine =]
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I've tried AOO 3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04, using two monitors. On this OS Ctrl Shift J spreads the OpenOffice screen only to the monitor on which it is displayed. If the displays are set up to mirror monitors, the display is on both and to full screen on both.
I'll try later on today with a Windows 2K system.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I have now tried AOO 3.4 on a Windows 2K system; as you report, OpenOffice spreads the full screen to encompass both monitors, whether they are positioned side by side or vertically on the display space. It is worth raising a bug about this
[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions

You should include a link to this thread.

By the way, I tried AOO 3.4 on lubuntu configured for two monitors, and it behaved correctly, as might be expected since lubuntu is an Ubuntu derivative, on which it also behaves properly.
Eoghan

Post by Eoghan »

Alright, posted the bug.

This url works, right?

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=120400

In the meantime, what's the easiest way to downgrade back to some 2.x.x version where fullscreen on extended desktop isn't broken?
Hagar Delest

Re: [Issue] Fullscreen stretches document across 2 monitors

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Lost Soul

Re: [Issue] Fullscreen stretches doc across 2 monitors in 3.

Post by Lost Soul »

I have the same problem with 3.4.1 when using Writer. My operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit, SP1. My thanks to Eoghan for posting the bug.
OpenOffice 3.4.1
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul »

Ever the optimist, I just downloaded and installed ver. 4. Unfortunately the problem has not been fixed.
OpenOffice 3.4.1
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Nobody has been assigned to it and no milestone has been set. So no wonder there is nothing new here.
Since it's a regression, perhaps you can send a mail to the dev mailing list with a link to your report and explaining it. You may have some feedback. And if it's not that difficult to fix, maybe someone will volunteer to do it.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10