[Solved] Multi-line Input Bar

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
Bplayer

[Solved] Multi-line Input Bar

Post by Bplayer »

The announcement of new features in LO 3.5 show two new icons to support this feature. See upper right on the toolbar in this link:
http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/multilineinputbar.png
http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/multilineinputbar.png
These icons are not displayed in my version. They are checked in the Formatting Toolbar options, but no not appear on the actual toolbar.

Is this working for anyone?
Last edited by Bplayer on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LibreOffice 3.5.5.3 on Win 7
acknak

Re: Multi-line Input Bar

Post by acknak »

Bplayer wrote:... These icons are not displayed in my version. They are checked in the Formatting Toolbar options, but no not appear on the actual toolbar. ...
Are you sure about that?

The only icon I see that's related to the multiline input area is the little arrow/triangle at the far right side of the formula toolbar (not the formatting toolbar). The button is visible in the image you provided: top right corner of the input area, just above the scrollbar. The formula toolbar has no options menu like the other toolbars; there's no way to "turn off" the multiline button.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Bplayer

Re: Multi-line Input Bar

Post by Bplayer »

I guess the multiline function just opens up the input area into multiple lines.

What threw me was there are two icons in the Customize toolbars that do not show up on the actual toolbar. They are Left-To-Right and Right-To-Left, both of which are shown in the image above.
LibreOffice 3.5.5.3 on Win 7
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Multi-line Input Bar

Post by Hagar Delest »

These buttons only appear if you activate the following entry: Tools>Options>LibO>Language Settings>Languages>Show UI elements for Bi-Directional writing.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10