Selective pop-up in slide

Discuss the presentation application
Krall

Selective pop-up in slide

Post by Krall »

Here is what I would like to do.
I have a presentation and every few slides I pose a question to the audience. There are two buttons, YES and NO, to which I can move the cursor and click. If I click on YES, I want to pop up one message; if NO, then a different message. The next mouse click should take us to the next slide.

In Powerpoint you can do this by going to a specific slide on which is a RETURN button which takes you back to the question slide -- similar to a subroutine. I found out last year, that this subroutine behavior is not possible in IMPRESS; that is why I am trying the alternate approach of a selective pop-up.

Any ideas.

-Ed
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 7
acknak

Re: Selective pop-up in slide

Post by acknak »

Impress can link to different slides and show a clickable button for jumping.

What I don't think is supported is a link to the "slide I was previously viewing". I think a link the the "previous slide" means the slide before this one in the list of numbered slides.

Of course you can do this with links to specific slides, but it's going to get messy if you ever have to change slide order or add slides in the middle.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A similar problem arose on this Forum some time ago. From memory the key words on which to search are "flash cards". I think there might also be a template or extension to accomplish such a task.
 Edit: This extension may be helpful
http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... /OpenCards

Still worth searching the Forum for "flash cards" (search box top right of Forum screen). 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Krall

Post by Krall »

Thanks for the suggestions.
I will look into them.
And, yes, the use of specific links will get very messy.
Maybe I am naive, but "slide I was previously viewing" seems like a useful feature for a future version of Impress.
For now, I may simply use Powerpoint, which does support "slide I was previously viewing."

-Ed
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 7
acknak

Post by acknak »

Krall wrote:... "slide I was previously viewing" seems like a useful feature for a future version of Impress. ...
[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23