[Solved] How Can I Create an Interactive Spreadsheet Online?

Talk about anything at all....
White Phoenix

[Solved] How Can I Create an Interactive Spreadsheet Online?

Post by White Phoenix »

Alright, I am in the process of creating a program using OpenOffice Calc. I want to put it on my website so other people can use it. I do not want cloudware. No information will need to be stored after they are done using it. Just an interactive spreadsheet where the person enters data then gets a report based on that data.
Last edited by White Phoenix on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How Can I Create an Interactive Spreadsheet Online?

Post by Villeroy »

This is what google docs does.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
White Phoenix

Post by White Phoenix »

I am not interested in opening another Google account. Besides I was thinking more in the lines of Flash or Java. If push comes to shove, I’ll just use HTML.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
henke54

Post by henke54 »

Here is a interactive excel spreadsheet with macro's from a German solar inverter firm(Kostal) :
http://www.kostal-solar-electric.com/do ... n_4-20.xls
It works very well on my brother's windows comp, but my libreoffice is not good in 'implementing' it.
I am not good with macro's, but maybe such is also possible to make in Libre/OpenOffice ?? :mrgreen:
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3
on Linux Mint Mate
White Phoenix

Post by White Phoenix »

That spreadsheet is very nicely laid out, but I need to put the form on my website and have the inner mechanics of the spreadsheet create an output display. Would Word Press work?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Then you have to write your own spreadsheet program in Flash, Java or JavaScript. Good luck.
http://aelinik.free.fr/Applets/CH3.HTM
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

If you use WordPress as your content management system, there may be a plug-in which enables you to do what you wish.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
White Phoenix

Re: How Can I Create an Interactive Spreadsheet Online? [Sol

Post by White Phoenix »

Good. A couple of options then. I also realized that there is a member of my forum who might be willing to collaborate also with his site.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.
nishantvatsal

Re: [Solved] How Can I Create an Interactive Spreadsheet Onl

Post by nishantvatsal »

Hi White Phoenix,

Were you finally able to find a solution which allowed you to upload spreadsheet on the website which users could edit and save?

I desperately need the solution and I do not want to share my data on Google Docs plus Office 2003's web interactivity feature has a lot of complications.

Please let me know. Expecting a word.
OpenOffice 3.1
White Phoenix

Re: [Solved] How Can I Create an Interactive Spreadsheet Onl

Post by White Phoenix »

Well, I haven’t completed any projects yet to give it a try, but you can create forms with WordPress. I have seen this done on another site and asked them what they used. While my idea was just to have an interactive spreadsheet that acted as a interactive online calculator, they would be able to download the results as a web page most likely. Between Java/JavaScript(which is often blocked)/Flash and WordPress, WordPress would be the easiest and least invasive to use.