Euro Office?

Talk about anything at all....
Weatherlawyer

Euro Office?

Post by Weatherlawyer »

What's this then?
I don't see a need to break away from the colonists.

http://opendocument.xml.org/product/eurooffice
http://opendocument.xml.org/
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Euro Office?

Post by r4zoli »

This is a Hungarian try for grab money with OSS, adding closed source spellchecking modul, and some not so usable parts for average user.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

The site claims to be "the official community gathering place and information resource for the OpenDocument Format".

According to OASIS web pages, that claim holds. In my mind, at least, OASIS (being the publisher of the ODF standard) is the authoritative source of such information.

The Office suite is unknown to me. The showcase is "adaptive menus", which looks like a mix of the MS Office 2007 "ribbons" and Apple OS-X' "dock" behaviour. Mostly cosmetic...
I won't be the first to test it, but I'm sure it'll work nicely for most people.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Weatherlawyer

Post by Weatherlawyer »

EuroOffice Adaptive Interface has the following features:

* Observe user behaviour and shrink rarely used menu items to make menus easier to navigate.
(The collected user behaviour statistics are only stored in the home folder of the user and never transmitted.)
* Create a magnifying glass effect so that the visibility of the menu item under the cursor is increased.
* Various visual enhancements, such as smooth scrolling in oversize menus.

It would be nice if it learned that I don't want it to second guess what I am pasting.
But getting rid of tools I don't know I need might be a step backwards for me. Maybe a good set up for the more expert users.
Weatherlawyer

Post by Weatherlawyer »

r4zoli wrote:This is a Hungarian try for grab money with OSS, adding closed source spellchecking modul, and some not so usable parts for average user.
:lol: spellchecking modul :lol:

It's always good to be aware of potential threats online and that Commies are generally the worst offenders. Maybe that is because their cultures since the first world war have had to live with the idea that asking questions -any questions, isn't a good idea.

Hungary is on the eastern interface of what used to be the northern limit of the Roman Empire.
Having ready access to Muslims through our dark ages, they were not hampered with Latin astronomy and physics -not until the Inquisition at least. Though accounts about Vlad the Impaler vary:

As prince, Vlad maintained an independent policy in relation to the Ottoman Empire, and in Romania he is viewed by many as a prince with a deep sense of justice and a defender of Wallachia against Ottoman expansionism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler

I suppose it depends on who is writing the history.

They made up for things with Hitler and Joseph Stalin but until them, that part of Europe was famous for its free thinking scientists. You might find an entertaining account about the dark days of communism there in a book called Under The Frog http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Frog
Caracalla
Volunteer

Post by Caracalla »

I suggest you buy a history book and read it.
Has your question been answered? Then please add [solved] to the title of your thread.
My pet peeve, No support for international ordinal numbering
please vote

Er is nu ook een Nederlandstalig forum!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Opensuse 11.1
acknak

Post by acknak »

If you guys want to discuss history, that's up to you, as long as you can do it with mutual respect. So far, that respect is not evident. If you want to argue about it, with further name-calling and ethnic comments, please take it elsewhere.

Weatherlawyer: I can't tell if you're trying to insult the Hungarians or praise them, but doing either on the basis of ethnicity is opening a wide door for misunderstanding -- at best. Please consider whether your remarks are improving people's experience here, or detracting from it.

It seems likely that this discussion would be more appropriate somewhere else. We're here to help each other use OOo.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23