[Solved] You cannot make a post so soon

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
kingfisher
Volunteer

[Solved] You cannot make a post so soon

Post by kingfisher »

I am still getting this message when I try to post again shortly after making a post.

Indeed, I got the message again when trying to make this post:
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
sosoon.jpeg
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
floris v
Volunteer

Re: You cannot make a post so soon

Post by floris v »

That's the flood filter. It's very annoying (and IMO incomprehensible) that you can only set that for all users, including the trusted ones, instead of just for a limited group, like newly registered users. Maybe we should suggest to the PHPbb developers to change that.
If the number of spam messages still coming in is low enough, we can of course reduce the time limit between posts.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Re: You cannot make a post so soon

Post by Hagar Delest »

I don't know what happened but all the permissions for Volunteers had been completely corrupted!

Anyone else with problems to see the forums or post?

I've reset them so it should be fine now. I've deactivated the flood limit for volunteers so you should not see the message above anymore.
NB: it's a forum-based setting to override the group default setting.
 Edit: I found afterward that groups permissions are additive. So you may have no permissions with the Volunteer group but since you have them with the Registered User group, there is no problem. But flood limit had to be disabled for all forums anyway. 
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10