Using AOO Base for Small Business Sales

Discuss the database features
ADECKER

Using AOO Base for Small Business Sales

Post by ADECKER »

Hi, I am new to OO, Used Access a lot about 15 years ago.
I have looked for an example for a sales database but have been unable to find one.

I have several product/price tables and an employee table (they are also customers). Not sure if I need a special column for a Customer ID and not sure how to show the sales...

I'm sure I did at one time and it should come back to me...just need to see it.
Thanks
Amy Decker
(1st time poster) :?
18 May 2012
OPENOFFICE 3.4.0 ON WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Using ooBase for Small Business Sales

Post by Villeroy »

No, it is completely impossible to use Base for small business sales. Databases are designed to do this but Base is not a database.
So set up your database according to your detailed and well thought requirements and then you may use Base as a link between your database and this office suite (and you may connect an Access document to it as well).
Calling File>New>Database and creating a new one simply because it is so easy and free of costs leads to no viable solution.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
RoryOF

Re: Using ooBase for Small Business Sales

Post by RoryOF »

Don't reinvent the wheel! Before putting much effort into rolling your own system using Base and an underlying database engine, why not do an Internet search for "small business sales software freeware" (no quotes). Several likely candidates pop up; it might be easier to customise such a system than write one from scratch.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
ADECKER

Re: Using AOO Base for Small Business Sales

Post by ADECKER »

Thank you!
OPENOFFICE 3.4.0 ON WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL