Formatting columns in Report Builder

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
paulawray

Formatting columns in Report Builder

Post by paulawray »

In Report Builder, how do I format an existing report to display detail in columns? Cannot find in help.
Apache Open Office 3.4 on Win XP Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Formatting columns in Report Builder

Post by Villeroy »

What is "detail in columns"? Calc's pivot tables can be linked to registered databases.
Tools>Options>Base>Databases, add your database under some name.
Calc menu:Data>PivotTable>Create...
[X]Create from registered database ...
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
paulawray

Post by paulawray »

I only know how to speak in Access terms. There I would format the page to display the report in columns and it would let me choose left to right or top to bottom, column width, etc.
Apache Open Office 3.4 on Win XP Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Please do not move away from MS Access. Once you used Access only for some time, you will not be able to use anything else. I don't know why. If you want to use your Access data in the context of this office suite, you can connect a Base document to your .mdb and add some queries to the Base document (including pass-through queries which are interpreted by the JET driver so you may even use the datedif function)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice