[Solved] How to change Y error bars for each datum point

Discuss the spreadsheet application
JonathanPower

[Solved] How to change Y error bars for each datum point

Post by JonathanPower »

I need to show for each single point the variation error range.

I have many Y values each value is a different mean with its corresponding standard deviation that needs to be shown in the graph.

When I try to use the "Insert Y bars errors option", the program add the same error bar for all the points, but I need to be able to add a different error bar for each single Y value, to be able to make a chart like this:
gt-stat-fig8.gif
Is this even possible in calc ?
Last edited by JonathanPower on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows xp
Hagar Delest

Re: How to change Y error bars for each datum point in a gra

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes, it's possible, you can apply a range of errors, see: [Solved] Y-Error Bars Incorrect.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
JonathanPower

Post by JonathanPower »

Thanks, however there is no explanation on how actually you can do this, so I still don't konw who can I do this.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Check the attachment in the other topic and the options in the error bars dialog (see help file also!):
Error bar.png
Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
JonathanPower

Post by JonathanPower »

Hagar Delest wrote:Check the attachment in the other topic and the options in the error bars dialog (see help file also!):
Error bar.png
Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
Thanks. My problem is that I have no idea what those "$shett.1$, ecc" simbols mean, Does the "$sheet1.$C$12:$I$12" mean that the progam is taking all the values on row 12 from letter "I" to letter "C" ? Is there a tutorial for understanding what those simbols mean ?

Thank you very much.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You got it, the field is the range to be taken into account. You should indeed read some tutorial, see:
- [Tutorial] Absolute, relative and mixed references
- [Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know

JonathanPower

Post by JonathanPower »

Hagar Delest wrote:You got it, the field is the range to be taken into account. You should indeed read some tutorial, see:
- [Tutorial] Absolute, relative and mixed references
- [Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know

I was really surprised when I discoveder that I was undertant this...it seemed too mucn complicated at first but your images was incredibly helpful.

Thanks for your help.