[Solved] Skip Installation Wizard

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
blang008

[Solved] Skip Installation Wizard

Post by blang008 »

Do you know of a way to pre-select the fields in the installation wizard for libre office? For example: I want to roll this out to a large group and do not want the user to have to the next buttons an finish button. I've been able to change the default "save as" format to MS office, so now writer, clac, impress, will automatically save as .doc, .xls, and .ppt. I was able to do this by unpacking the msi install and going to the "share" folder, then the "registry" folder and finding the .xcd labeled "writer.xcd", "calc.xcd", and "impress.xcd" and then editing those files. For example: in the "writer.xcd" file, anywhere I saw <prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter"><value>writer8</value>, I would change the "writer8" to "MS Office 97"

Thanks
Last edited by blang008 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Open Office 3.1 on Windows XP
RoryOF

Re: Skip Installation Wizard

Post by RoryOF »

There is (hopefully) helpful information in
Create an unattended / silent install of OpenOffice.org 3
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
blang008

Re: Skip Installation Wizard

Post by blang008 »

How do you rund the unopkg add --shared DisableFirstStartWzd.oxt from a batch file? I have followed the link below and added the 4 xml files and then zipped them and renamed to DisableFirstStartWzd.oxt.

RoryOF wrote:There is (hopefully) helpful information in
Create an unattended / silent install of OpenOffice.org 3
Open Office 3.1 on Windows XP