OOo does not find fonts which are in my library

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
bnj

OOo does not find fonts which are in my library

Post by bnj »

Hi,

I just added a font to my library. I tried to restart open office and to restart my computer, but still OpenOffice does not find this font. How can I change this?

The font is Brauer Neue. I have four files: BraueNeuBol, BraueNeuReg, BrauerNeue-Bold.suit and BrauerNeue-Regular.suit.
My computer is a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.7.3.
I use OpenOffice 3.3.0
For the font, I have tried both locations /Library/Fonts and /System/Library/Fonts, restarting everything each time.
The font shows up correctly in the application "Font Book" and can be used in the application "TextEdit".

Thank you in advance for your help.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Hagar Delest

Re: OOo does not find fonts which are in my library

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

See perhaps that one: Unavailable Fonts.
I've moved your post to the Mac forum.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
exegete77
Volunteer

Post by exegete77 »

With the .suit extension, that means it was packaged for the Suitcase application. You might try using this Free Font Conventer.
Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion
LibreOffice 3.5 / Symphony 3
Scrivener 2.2 / Tinderbox 5.10
bnj

Post by bnj »

Thank you for your answers
I tried to convert my font files, as you suggested, but it does not work. The software mentioned in http://sgruendel.blogspot.com/2007/10/i ... ffice.html is for linux. And the Free Font Converter does not accept my files.
Do you know of any good font conversion software for mac?
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Googling for "convert suit font to ttf" (no quotes) gave several likely candidates.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane »

Based on the font names, I'm assuming that you have either a bitmap or TrueType font in the suitcase and a PostScript outline in the shortened name. I'm guessing that OpenOffice uses FreeType to render fonts. If you only have the bitmap fonts with PostScript outlines, then it might not be able to read them. Most Mac OS X apps use the font capabilities of Mac OS X, so most Mac apps don't care if your font is PostScript or TrueType.

One utility that should be able to convert Mac PostScript fonts to a PostScript OTF that most, if not all, font utilities/readers can use is FontForge. You can either build it from source or use Fink/MacPorts to build it.
LibreOffice 3.5.0 on OS X 10.7.3