CAB files

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
PoTs

CAB files

Post by PoTs »

I'd like to install/upgrade Openoffice unattended on mulitple systems.
Is it possible to unpack a cab-file (openoffice.org-core06.cab) change Setup.xcu and create a new cab-file, and replace openoffice.org-core06.cab with the new one?
I tried but get an error when installing. (module1.xba cannot be found in openoffice.org-core06.cab).
I unpacked the cab file in the local directory
changed Setup.xcu
I created the new cab-file with the command '..\cabarc.exe N openoffice.org-core96.cab *'.
Then i replaced the original cab file with the new one.

--
Marc
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: CAB files

Post by Villeroy »

Have a look at the Administration_Guide
Hope this helps.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
PoTs

Post by PoTs »

hi mr villeroy,

Thanks for the links, but the solution to get rid of the registration message seems a bit awkward.
This way i have to check everytime when someone logs on, if the openoffice.org is installed and that the profile already exists?
What about upgrades? I believe when upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4 you get the registration form again, although the profile already exits.

I hoped that there was an easier way. A profile in the installation directory itself, or something like that.
Has someone knowledge of another way than copying a profile.

I tried the option -nofirststartwizard with quickstart.exe and swriter.exe (openoffice.org 2.4), but every time i get the wizard.

--
Marc
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can still ask for this. It's a recurrent question, I guess it would get some votes: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10