Moderation issue: action taken

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
Hagar Delest

Moderation issue: action taken

Post by Hagar Delest »

Dear All,

There has been feedback recently about posts from a Moderator that did not match The Moderator Code of Conduct.

Despite the very helpful contributions made by this Moderator except in those very few exceptions, we think that such breach of our moderation rules is detrimental to the reputation of the forum. Consequently, it has been decided among the Moderation team to replace him by someone else.

This has been a very hard and sad decision to take but the trust put by users in the forum is at stake.
Users can be confident we will pay more attention to such behavior.

Hagar
On the behalf of the Moderation team
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Moderation issue: action taken

Post by Villeroy »

I will certainly not change my attitude towards posers, tricksters and lamers. Well, I'll try to ignoer them.
I hope that this decision will not lead to more visible spam.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Hello Villeroy,

I can only echo Hagar's comments - no one is happy about this, but it is IMO the proper decision under the circumstances.

At the risk of sounding hollow and hoping you know it is not -
I want to personally tell you how invaluable you have been to the successful functioning of the forum, since (before even) its inception and to this day still.

The amount of time you have been willing to donate and the quality of your support delivered has been, in many regards, without equal.

It is my hope to see you continue doing so.

//drew
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
acknak

Post by acknak »

I completely agree: your efforts here are hugely helpful, and I (for one) very much appreciate your help to me and lots of others, including many new people.

I find it especially disconcerting in this particular case because I had pretty much the same reaction you did, but I've accepted the fact that some people I just can't help--or correct. You can lead a horse to water... and all that. I just let it pass.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

+1
Villeroy, you shouldn't, just like Alexander did until he was warned off by his generals, fight in the front rows. We have only one Villeroy, and lots of people who might bash spammers or people posting stuff that you can hardly tell apart from spam. You can leave that to lesser folks.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

I know about The code of Conduct and reading it on its own lets me surely think that following this guideline is what helps the forum. But I also like the concept of good cop, bad cop. I always valued Villeroy for following the Popeye philosophy "I am what I am", which put a strong emphasis on "free" that is interpreted as free as in free speech and not as in free beer. And free speech does sometimes mean to contradict the original poster's request with a point of view that doesn't look like an answer and may not be easy to swallow for the poster.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.