Search by signature?

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
RGB

Search by signature?

Post by RGB »

On the Forum ACP I can search users by their user name, e-mail address, ICQ... but I cannot find a way to search users "by signature". The idea is to search for signatures with the "url" or "http" tag to spot spammers more quickly, without going one by one. Is this possible?
Thanks!
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
acknak

Re: Search by signature?

Post by acknak »

I'm not sure, but as I understand, Terry was making such queries by direct SQL commands on the raw tables; if he had to use that approach, my guess is that there's no easier method.

But I could certainly be wrong...
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RGB

Post by RGB »

acknak wrote:I'm not sure, but as I understand, Terry was making such queries by direct SQL commands on the raw tables; if he had to use that approach, my guess is that there's no easier method.
That was my guess too. Problem is that members list page to not show signatures either... oh, well.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

If you go into the Members View you can order by website and location, but not by signature. As acknak says, you need to do this by a MySQL query -- but this is really the subject of a wider topic.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Can I interject something here - It seems to me that the hunt for spammers is getting a bit out of hand.

There is the obvious stuff, great - but this idea that everyone referencing another site is a spammer is just not correct.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Then check the links in the website field! See this query. Almost 100% of the links are coupled with a link in the signature pointing to commercial sites. From the beginning of this year, I change the location field to 'Spam link removed', and there is a bunch of such users. Most of them don't post at all, that's why they get unnoticed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

You can sort users by website and that looks promising.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes but since there are some valid links, it's easier to have a look at the latest members at each visit, the links are very visible (few in the list in fact).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10