[Solved] How do you print just the graph from a spreadsheat?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Sue

[Solved] How do you print just the graph from a spreadsheat?

Post by Sue »

Hi

How can I just print off just the graph from a spreadsheet?
I would attach the spreadsheet but I can`t figure out how to do that!
Last edited by Sue on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
MrProgrammer

Re: How do you print just the graph from a spreadsheat?

Post by MrProgrammer »

The OOo term is chart instead of graph. Either put your chart on another sheet (single click the chart, cut and paste) and print that. Or copy your chart to a Writer document and print it there. To do the latter: Double click your chart. In the Select Chart Element box choose Chart (not Chart Area). Edit > Copy. File > New > Text document. Edit > Paste Special > GDI Metafile (that is, as a graphic). Format > Page > Page. Adjust page orientation and margins as desired. Format > Picture > Keep Ratio. Adjust picture size/position to fill page as desired.

The Post Reply button (or New Topic button) in the forum will give you an Upload Attachment tab at the bottom.

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Sue

Post by Sue »

Thank you very much for that.
Sorry just another question. I have been able to cut and paste the graph, but the chart title and axis titles did not copy over is there any way around that?
Also is there a function in open office spreadsheet, equivalent to Excel, were you can select an area on a spread sheet to enable you to print that exact area(select print area it may be called in Exel)? So for instance I could print the data and the graph?
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Sue wrote:I have been able to cut and paste the graph, but the chart title and axis titles did not copy over is there any way around that?
I gave you two methods:
  • Cut and paste to a second sheet
  • Copy and Paste Special to a text document
In my tests, the former should preserve the title and other parts, and the second can only copy the chart itself. You didn't say which method you used, but I'm guessing it's the latter even though you said "cut and paste". So perhaps try the first technique to preserve all the parts of the chart.
Sue wrote:Also is there a function in open office spreadsheet, equivalent to Excel, were you can select an area on a spread sheet to enable you to print that exact area(select print area it may be called in Exel)? So for instance I could print the data and the graph?
See One issue, one thread, but I think you're looking for Format > Print Ranges. There are many topics about that subject on the forum if you need further assistance with print ranges.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Sue

Post by Sue »

Thank you very much your response has been realy helpful.