Elements missing from template when New -> Template is selec

Using them, Making them, Finding them
RobIncMBA

Elements missing from template when New -> Template is selec

Post by RobIncMBA »

I created a letterhead template for writing correspondences. This works perfectly; however, I also have included a scan of my signature at the bottom as well as my name and credentials (and a "Sincerely,') These items save perfectly as a document but when I try to start a new letter using that saved template, the letterhead appears perfectly, but the rest of the page is blank (i.e. no "Sincerely," no signature graphic, and no name or credentials.

Is this a bug or is there a workaround. I just downloaded OpenOffice 2.4 yesterday I do not know if this behaviour was present in 2.3 because I was still using Microsoft Office at the time, whose templates worked perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated. If you know the answer, you may email me directly at RobinCheung@MBA2003.Biz

Sincerely,
Robin L. M. Cheung, BScH, MBA, F.CIM, CphT
Hagar Delest

Re: Elements missing from template when New -> Template is selec

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you upload your template here? Are you sure you'd saved your template after adding the bottom part?

NB: you should edit your post and replace the '@' in your mail address by '<at>' else it will registered by all the spam bots crawling the web. Furthermore, any discussion should remain public to help other users so don't expect many private answers.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10