Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Vietnamese forums are a spammers' paradise

Post by floris v »

Got them all, I think.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Thank you - I'll draft the announcement, for posting at the forum, tonight and run it by the list here.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Given the history of Vietnam, would it make sense to also post in French? I have no information about the most common second languages are in Vietnam, but English and French seem likely. Basically, I'm asking if Hagar could translate Drew's message.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Same thought crossed my mind - in fact wondered if directing folks to the French forum might even make more sense...I think in the end though English as the catch all language is fairly well established now. Anyway - I asked on the mailing list if there was anyone that could translate the En text into Vi, same question goes out here then.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Of course I can translate the text.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Someone I work with knows someone who may be able to translate the announcement into Vietnamese. Because the translator has a night shift job, I can get it to her either tonight or tomorrow night. All times UTC -7
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Ok here is the draft of the shutdown notice for posting on the site;
Effective February 2nd, 2012 new account registrations and posts from existing registered users is suspended.

The user community forums are sustained by the labor of users volunteering their time time to assist others, thereby helping all involved.

Unfortunately at this time the forum is unable to fill these crucial roles.

For those seeking assistance with the Apache OpenOffice (formerly OpenOffice.org) office suite, such assistance is still available at any of the other Nine language forums:

English language forum is found at http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum
French language forum is found at http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum
A full list of available forums is available at http://user.services.openoffice.org

Anyone interested in helping to reinvigorate the Vietnamese language forum please contact the site administrative staff by registering at the English language forum and posting a comment to the Forum Governance board:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... .php?f=102
I'm sure that could be tweaked and made better...so comments are welcomed.
 Edit: note that the final line is displayed oddly here, but would set as a full URL from the VI forum.. 
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

It's good enough as it is. It's back to 118 posts and some of it is pure social talk. Heck, that's for three years, don't waste any time on it.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Here is the French version:
Nous sommes au regret de vous informer qu'à partir du 2 février 2012, le forum est fermé. La création de compte ainsi que l'envoi de messages (y compris pour les utilisateurs déjà inscrits) ne sont donc plus possibles.

Les forums de la communauté d'utilisateurs n'existent que par l'engagement bénévole de volontaires, répondant pendant leur temps libre aux questions en ligne afin d'en faire profiter le plus grand nombre. Parmi ces volontaires, des modérateurs sont également nécessaires afin de lutter contre le spam.

Malheureusement, le forum n'assure plus ces fonctions de base.

Si vous avez besoin d'aide sur la suite de productivité Apache OpenOffice (anciennement OpenOffice.org), vous pouvez toujours visiter les neuf autres forums : Si vous pensez pouvoir aider à relancer le forum (aide / modération / administration), n'hésitez pas à vous enregistrer sur le forum anglophone et à nous contacter sur la section Forum Governance et en particulier ce fil de discussion qui explique les raisons de cette décision.

Merci pour votre compréhension.
I've just added that in the basics, moderators were also needed. I've added the address of this topic (so that they get the history).
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

I like Hagar's longer version very much. i'd almost suggest to translate that back, especially the part about spam should have a place in the message.
time time
should of course read "spare time".
Effective February 2nd, 2012 new account registrations and posts from existing registered users is suspended.
"Regrettably we had to decide that, effective February 2nd, 2012 ... will be suspended"
reinvigorate
Perhaps "revive".

Hagar: that's some marvellous French, beautiful! Note to self: I have to read more French.
Nederlandstalig forum
RoryOF

OT:Re: Vietnamese forums are a spammers' paradise

Post by RoryOF »

Note to self: I have to read more French.
@ floris v: one of the nicest reads I have had in any language is two books by Marcel Aymé: Les contes bleus du chat perché and Les contes rouges do chat perché. Two childrens' books, but most enjoyable collections of short stories. I got them from amazon.fr.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Well, the longer wording is fine with me - but I really did not mean for a French translation.
I really feel it is should be Vietnamese or English - I did a little research on that and afterwards feel even more strongly.
The notice should not be in French.
 Edit: To put it in the positive - it would be better in English, if not Vietnamese proper. 
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Because of the history of Vietnam it may be fully as understandable in French as in English. I'd put both versions, pending receipt of a Vietnamese translation.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

+1
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Actually from what I gather that is not true at all. I am strongly against listing this in French.

Ah, then again it is listing the French forum also - so it's fine - English and French unless I can get a Vietnamese translation over night - OK
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

I believe you're right - did some reading - English seems to be widely in use and French may still not be very popular after the colonial period.
Nederlandstalig forum
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I did send out the English version for translation. I'll post as soon as I hear whether it will happen. That may be tonight.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

If you can get an opinion with your translator about a French notice...
I'm not sure French is widely spread neither.
But thanks for the compliments anyway!
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Done

Thanks Hagar - Used your French translation verbatim and as close as I could get for the English translation.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Is it better late than never? Here is a Vietnamese version of Drew's original text.

Thông tin này bắt đầu hiệu lực vào tháng 2, 2012. Tài khoản dành cho diễn đàn và việc dăng tải các tin tức cập nhật hóa đã bị đình chỉ hoạt dộng.
Diễn đàn cộng đồng được duy trì bởi các thiện nguyện viên trong phạm vi thời gian hoạt dộng của riêng họ. Cho nên, thật không may trong thời điểm này, diễn đàn đã không dóng một vai trò quan trọng tích cực cho các tài khoản tài trợ của trang mạng.
Đối với những người tìm kiếm sự trợ giúp qua Apache OpenOffice ( trước đây la OpenOffice.org) thì họ vẫn có thể tiếp tục sử dụng các trang mạng dưới đây :
Sử dụng ngôn ngữ tiếng Anh (English) qua trang mạng :
http://user.servies.openoffice.org/en/forum
Sử dụng ngôn ngữ tiếng Pháp (French) qua trang mạng :
http://user.servies.openoffice.org/fr/forum
Còn như muốn biết tất cả các trang mạng khác thì xin vào trang mạng:
http://user.servies.openoffice.org

Bất cứ ai quan tâm, hộ trợ cho diễn đàn tiếnng Việt được hoạt động mạnh trở lại. Xin liên lạc với Ban Quảng Trị trang mạng qua cách sử dụng trang mạng bằng tiếng Anh, và quí vị có thể gửi những lời đề nghị cũng như những quan tâm của quí vi đến Ban Quản Trị để được cứu xét.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Added it at the top of the notification. It'd be nice to have a Vietnamese subject line as well though.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Thanks for that..
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Should we announce AOO 3.4 there? I noticed that the Close forums message does get some attention (over 900 views), so an announcement of the new release might not be entirely in vain.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

If someone wants to generate a vi translation - I'll be happy to post it there.