Old English Font appears

Discuss the word processor
yogaforall
Location: Eastern United States, Midwestern United States, Southern India

Old English Font appears

Post by yogaforall »

A font that would get properly displayed in OO 2.3 is displayed as ClissicoT-Regu in OO 3.0. Perhaps this is a settings issue on my side?
acknak

Re: Old English Font appears

Post by acknak »

Have you read the Forum Survival Guide?
What OS and OOo version are you using?

It could be a bug, or you may have installation or configuration problems with your fonts that are uncovered by the new version.

What happens if you use those fonts in a new document created in OOo 2.4?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
yogaforall

Post by yogaforall »

Well, I can't do it. The font that I need is actually Classico T regu and in 3.0 something else appears, the Old English font of which I don't know the name. The reason I can't do it in 2.4 may be similar. This is a copy of my earlier (an hour ago) post about 2.4. However, this, written below, only occurred an hour ago, today.

choice of font folder
by yogaforall on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 am

I just reinstalled by TIger OS so I downloaded the new version 2.4. Seeing that my system was also new it asked me if I wanted to use something like "system fonts." I unfortunately said "OK" or "YES" or something like that and now "Chandas" a Sanskrit Devanagari font shows only "boxes." So I believe that "Chandas" is not in that font folder and I have been spending the entire morning trying to "undo" that. Where can I change the place that OO 2.4 chooses its fonts?
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

It sounds as though those fonts are not actually installed on your system, but were simply available to OOo.

Hagar linked to the Survival Guide and asked, in part, what OS you're using. That's an extremely important detail when trying to solve problems. Please follow the guide. Are you running Windows, perhaps?
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
yogaforall

Post by yogaforall »

Somehow I didn't read the note about the survival guide, my eyes may have caught it as an add that comes with emails, I don't know but I missed it, sorry. I'll read the guide. I am using Mac Powerbook G4 with Tiger OS X 10.4.11
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Does this article help?
Mac OS X 10.4: Fonts list
Cheers!
---Fox

yogaforall

Post by yogaforall »

Ok, I get it, you don't think this is a bug. All I'll need to do, I suppose is add the font that was used for that project into the proper font folder and I'll see the document properly. I'll do that if the Devanagari begins to display properly but for now I have to stay with 2.4. My post on that issue is here: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =17&t=4086
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

I don't know about Mac, but on Windows it's usually not sufficient to pop the font into the font folder. That makes the font available, true, but does not actually install it, which is usually required for an OS to properly handle the font. That could have prompted the message about using a system font. That's all I was suggesting.
Cheers!
---Fox

yogaforall

Post by yogaforall »

Mac world is a very different world. We just pop things in. I'm not educated enough to handle windows.