Base Report not sorting newly added records

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
acreech

Base Report not sorting newly added records

Post by acreech »

I have a Database of recipes. I have a report that sorts the records by "Which Meal" Ascending, then "Recipe Name" Ascending. The report is not sorting newly added records. I have moved the table to an excel sheet and then into a new database. This did not solve my issues. I am not sure why the report is not filtering correctly, or how to fix it. my problem database is at this link. http://ubuntuone.com/7DzyWo3V6fRDOJZ06yfVkF I have removed two other problem tables and just left one of the problem tables/reports there.
Last edited by acreech on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Linux Mint 12
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Base Report not sorting newly added records

Post by RPG »

Hello

You do not work with a report only with a form.

I think when you reload your form then all data is will be showed.

You can the navigation toolbar.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
acreech

Post by acreech »

I am not sure what you mean by "Reload" your form. All of the data is there, but when I bring up the report in order print it. It is not sorting it to the correct order. I am working with a report in order to print out the database.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Query your data in any order of rows and columns you like.
Create the report from that query.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acreech

Post by acreech »

I can try that again, but I had a querry setup. I have what is now 3 tables all in one table. Then I querried it. The querry would sort correctly but the report still did not filter in the new records. The existing records would all be in the correct order, but they also appear in the table in the correct order. The new records would appear at the end of the report in random order. The new records are in random order and the report would not take the information from either a querry or a table and sort it to the correct order.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I enter a new record into your form, save the record, open report "Family Index" and the new receipt appears in alphabetic order (OOo 3.3 and LibO 3.3.4, LibO 3.5 does not run old style reports).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acreech

Post by acreech »

Sorry I should have been more specific. For some reason the index works, but run just the report "Family". That is the report that is not working right. The only difference is that when I set up the reports using the report wizard, the report "Family" has 4 groups and "Family Index" does not have any groups. It appears that the problem that I am having is coming from the "grouping" part of the report. I can run a report with all the information in the database and no groupings and then it will sort correctly.