Spell check on Outlook Express

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
Jude2425

Spell check on Outlook Express

Post by Jude2425 »

I just downloaded OpenOffice and when I went to write an email I saw the Spelling (check) does NOT work. This is an important tool for me, I write many emails. How can this be activated???
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Spell check on Outlook Express

Post by floris v »

Please read the spell checker tutorial.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Caracalla
Volunteer

Post by Caracalla »

Outlook and openoffice have nothing to do with one another. One is and e-mail pogram, the other an office suite and they are made by different people.
Has your question been answered? Then please add [solved] to the title of your thread.
My pet peeve, No support for international ordinal numbering
please vote

Er is nu ook een Nederlandstalig forum!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Opensuse 11.1
Jude2425

Post by Jude2425 »

Before I downloaded OpenOffice I read that it did the same things as Microsoft Office and on my old computer I had Microsoft Office and it made the Outlook Express spell checker work (before I downloaded it, it didn't work). I guess "you get what you pay for". Thanks for your help.
esperantisto
Volunteer

Post by esperantisto »

Instead of Outlook Express, try out Mozilla Thunderbird, it can use OOo's dictionaries for spellcheck. Good luck!